Website Moreton Bay Council
We are seeking someone with experience in the disaster management sector, eager to bring their knowledge to drive and deliver disaster resilience projects for our Moreton Bay region.
You will be an exceptional communicator, with proven experience in delivering engaging presentations to large, diverse audiences, and actively contribute to fostering a healthy, inclusive and well-connected workplace.
Staying calm in those high-pressure situations, during crisis and natural disasters will come naturally to you, motivated by really making an impact to the community. In addition to your knowledge of Queensland Disaster Management Arrangements and other relevant statutory requirements, you will:
- Research and source external funding for disaster management activities.
- Deliver presentations to large, diverse audiences; and
- Act in the role of Disaster Resilience and Recovery Coordinator if required.
- Hold a current driver’s licence.
- Be willing and able to participate in the Local Disaster Coordination Centre when required, and the On Call roster (approx. 1 week on call every 6 weeks).
- A qualification in disaster or emergency management is desirable.
Company: Moreton Bay Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Moreton Bay, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A