Website Maroondah Council
We are currently looking for reliable, loyal and hard-working Catering Assistants, Sandwich Hands and Baristas to work for us on a casual basis at K Café – Karralyka’ s café offering at locations across Ringwood and Croydon including Aquanation, Aquahub and Maroondah Federation Estate. K Café is owned by Maroondah City Council and operates 7 days per week between 7am – 6pm. We are looking for team members who have the flexibility to work across a range of shift days/times and at all our K Café venues.
- Make sandwiches (not limited to) for in-store and delivery orders.
- Prepare food items at beginning of shift and properly store food items at end of shift.
- Place and receive supplies and quality control.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
- Greet guests and provide service to cafe customers and at times assist on the phone and operate cash register.
- Operate espresso machine and serve high quality coffee at all times.
- Cooperate and comply with the requirements of all Maroondah City Council policies and procedures and any actions taken by Council to comply with relevant Acts and Regulations
- Understanding of safe food handling practices and knowledge of HACCP guidelines
- Familiarity with the operation of all commercial kitchen equipment
- Understanding of stock controls
- Immaculate personal presentation & grooming
- Impeccable attention to detail
- TAFE or equivalent qualification in commercial cookery – highly desirable
Qualification & Experience:
- Customer service experience
- Experience working with food in a commercial environment in food preparation and handling
- Experience using a Point of Sale system
- Experience working with minimal supervision
Company: Maroondah Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Maroondah, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A