The Operations Manager role has been created to manage resources across the National Sea Simulator, to ensure its smooth functioning and to provide world leading facilities, service, and experimental outcomes for researchers through:
- Management of safe operations.
- Preparing and managing operational budgets
- Managing the daily operations and maintenance of AIMS’ National Sea Simulator
- Management of operational and experimental support
- Development and/or improvement of operational processes
- Alignment of scientific and operational priorities to meet National Sea Simulator priorities.
- Plan for reliability, business continuity and resilience of the National Sea Simulator operations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in managing relationships with a diverse range of external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated substantial experience in project management and operational risk assessment, to meet project goals in a timely manner and within budget
- Demonstrated high-level management experience including the ability to contribute towards the strategic planning and operational protocols of the facility.
- Demonstrated experience in research infrastructure management, including capability planning and development.
- Tertiary qualifications encompassing project and/or facilities management or relevant trade qualification, with extensive experience in managing human, financial and technical resources to meet project goals in a timely manner.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A