Website Maribyrnong Council
These positions will be well suited to those who can confidently provide technical advice and support to interagency and Council project teams, are natural collaborators with exceptional problem solving skills, and who can quickly and genuinely build great relationships.
- Carry out thorough research and analysis of planning issues and proposals.
- Prepare, assess and process planning scheme amendments in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Review planning applications and assess their implications for the strategic land use planning of the municipality.
- Assist in the implementation of State Planning Policy (e.g. Plan Melbourne) which relate to the municipality.
- Foster strong relationships with key external agencies and local residents, special interest, business and trader groups.
- Prepare and present high quality briefings and reports to Council, management and agencies with well-reasoned and clear recommendations.
- Conduct high quality public consultation for planning proposals.
- Register and respond to customer service requests and complaints using Council’s customer service tracking system in an effective and timely manner.
- Represent council before the Victorian Administrative Appeals Tribunal, independent panels and advisory committees including the coordination and preparation of written submissions.
- A tertiary qualification in town planning or a related discipline with experience as a Strategic Planner in local government or private industry.
- A sound understanding of the statutory and operational requirements of local government.
- Well-developed knowledge of and proficiency in applying urban planning theory, practice, principles and precedent.
- A thorough understanding of the Victorian planning legislation framework, the Victorian Planning Provisions, planning schemes and the requirements of ResCode.
- Effective communication and problem solving skills to produce cooperative outcomes within a team environment, strong mediation and conciliation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the development and implementation of strategies, policies and guidelines.
Company: Maribyrnong Council
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Maribyrnong, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A