Website Maribyrnong Council
Our Community Development, Positive Ageing and Inclusion Department has an exciting opportunity for a Social Support Assistant to join the team. Reporting to the Centre Based Activities Leader, this position will deliver social support respite services. The Social Support Assistant will also deliver enjoyable programmed activities designed to enhance the independence, health, wellbeing and socialisation of our participants.
- Implement strategies to encourage client participation.
- Provide support to clients in line with care plans and supporting clients to engage and participate in activities delivered.
- Prepare and provide meals and snacks in accordance following safe food handling practices and health regulations;
- Monitor status of clients whilst in care of the service, and update client notes in consultation with Social Support Activities Team Leader
- Contribute to the planning and development of activity programs that support the objectives of the service.
- Facilitate group activities to suit individual’s needs.
- A Certificate III in Home and Community Care;
- A current First Aid Certificate Level 2;
- No relevant criminal record found in a police check;
- A current Victorian driver’s license.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience providing contemporary support to clients within a social support context with an understanding of program development and activities;
- Experience in providing support and personal care to clients with dementia;
Company: Maribyrnong Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Maribyrnong, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A