Website Manningham Council
This role will be subject matter expert on all things fire management for Manningham Council. You will lead and partner with a broad range of stakeholders to develop Innovative strategies and initiatives and implement programs to reduce the risk of fire impacting the community in Manningham. Programs such as, Controlled Burns on Council Land, Hoarding and Squalor Fire Safety, Fire Wise Garden, Bushland Fire Management Strategy.
You will undertake the role of Lead Municipal Fire Prevention Officer (MFPO) through coordinating the annual fire prevention inspection program, supported by assistant MFPO’s. This will be leveraged and guided by implementing requirements of relevant fire management Acts and Regulations
- A proven leader with the ability to motivate, influence and implement change.
- Community focused with a commitment to delivering a high standard of customer service.
- An Excellent communicator with the ability to negotiate, influence, gain cooperation and assistance from employees, the community, government and other agencies and develop effective stakeholder relationships.
- A confident public speaker with a proven ability to deliver strategic briefings and updates on emergency management / fire mitigation to a wide variety of audiences.
- An effective project manager with a demonstrated ability to manage concurrent and diverse projects with competing priorities in a time constrained environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Tertiary Qualified and/or extensive experience in Emergency Management / Fire Management / Fire Ecology or relevant discipline.
- An experienced professional with a thorough knowledge of legislation, policies and contemporary theories pertaining to bushfires, emergency management and risk management.
Company: Manningham Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Doncaster, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A