Website Majid Al Futtaim Group
Align Majid Al Futtaim Data Governance Strategy and requirements with Operating Company’s (OPCOs) needs and Majid Al Futtaim Digital and Analytics Strategie.Set rules and requirements needed to implement Data Governance Program at all levels of the organisation Ensure that effective data governance structure and role (Data Owner, Data Stewards …) exist at all OPCOs to meet the Data Governance Strategy and objectives. Establish Data Governance second line of defence (e.g.: management self-assessment) across all OPCOs and stakeholders (Data Owner and Data Stewarts) and report on progress of implementing mitigating actions to managementPeriodically report on the progress of strategy implementation and the effectiveness of Data Governance across the group
- Assist in execution of Data Governance standards across Majid Al Futtaim.
- Assists data governance sponsors in communicating and enforcing data policies, rules (business and technical), and standards.
- Escalate issues/conflicts such as data management, security risks, policy breaches, data quality, performance, delivery issues / risks across Majid Al Futtaim.
- Conduct reviews of compliance with controls and minimum requirements as part of second line of defense through management self-assessments and oversight improvements in data governance.
- Build different dashboards for reporting progress and effectiveness of data governance initiatives across the group.
- Contribute to various Corporate Compliance and Data Governance initiatives as needed
- Liaise with different data governance program stakeholders such as Data Governance Sponsors, Data Owners, Data Stewards, Data Custodians, and Advanced Analytics team to identify data governance solutions.
- Develop enterprise level Policies, standards and rules for the program.
- Support creation and maintenance of the policies, processes, procedures, templates for Data Governance program at operating companies.
- A degree (Masters or Bachelor’s) in management information system, computer science, project management, or related discipline
- Preferred: one or more of the following certifications: Certified Data Professional, PMP, or related.
- 5+ years of project management, data management, big data and analytics related experience
- 2+ years of experience working in a control / assurance function such as Risk Management, Compliance, Audit, information security.
- Experience in defining and implementing Data Governance models based on industry best-practices.
- Understanding of underlying technology platforms for Data Governance such as Big Data Lakes, ETL platforms, MDM platforms, Databases, etc.
- Able to assess data changes for technology impacts and vice versa.
- Able to balance business needs with IT capabilities.
- Previous experience with big data and analytics platforms is a necessary.
- Previous experience in e-commerce platforms is an advantage.
- Previous experience in the retail industry is an advantage.
- Knowledge of business rules used to collect data
- Strong leadership, project and team-building skills, including the ability to drive projects and initiatives across OPCOs.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with ability to communicate about complex issues with ease
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
Company: Majid Al Futtaim Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A