Website Mackay Regional Council
To carry out competent operation of medium plant (predominately backhoe)and truck operation and labouring duties associated with maintenance and construction of roads and drainage assets, or other associated civil infrastructure under the general supervision of a Supervisor or Leading Hand.
Daily maintenance of assigned plant and cooperatively with mechanic service personnel in the repair and maintenance of assigned plant including recording of prestart checks.
Undertake tasks associated with maintenance and construction of roads, drainage and other civil infrastructure including earthworks, concrete, pipelaying, bitumen and vegetation work including hands on labouring tasks associated with maintenance and construction of roads, drainage and other civil infrastructure
- Current General Construction Safety White Card.
- Current QLD Manual Car ‘C’ Class Open Driver’s Licence.
- Current QLD Heavy Rigid Truck ‘HR’ Class Licence.
- Current Traffic Controllers Ticket.
- Extensive experience in driving single axle trucks in varying road conditions.
- Extensive experience in operating road construction plant e.g. roller, backhoe, loader.
- Extensive experience in construction/maintenance of roads and drainage infrastructure.
- License/tickets to operate road construction plant and/or equipment – minimum of 2 from skid steer loader, roller, loader, backhoe, grader.• Certificate III in Civil Construction.
- Extensive experience in construction/maintenance of roads and drainage maintenance.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
Company: Mackay Regional Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mackay, Queensland, AU
Application Deadline: N/A