Website Macedon Ranges Shire Council
The Senior Governance Officer Council Business is the administrator of Council’s system for managing meeting papers (InfoCouncil) and responsible for compiling reports, preparing agendas and minutes and supporting Council meeting processes and procedures. The successful candidate will have exceptional written communication skills and attention to detail. Advanced skills in Microsoft Word are a must, and experience in InfoCouncil or other systems for the production and distribution of corporate business papers in a local government context is preferable.
- Compile, produce and distribute all meeting agendas and minutes, including uploading to the website (where applicable) and Bigtincan.
- Fulfil the role of System Administrator for Infocouncil and Bigtincan, including periodic housekeeping, training, system upgrades and database
- Various research, administrative and support duties as directed by the Coordinator Governance.
- Develop processes to ensure systematic compliance with governance principles in line with the Local Government Act and other legislative
- Provide education, training and support to officers and Councillors on Council meeting and agenda processes.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring industry standards as they relate to best practice in Local Government.
- Investigating and implementing the use of the organisation’s system (Infocouncil) for all aspects of Council related meetings
- Degree or diploma in a relevant field (governance, law, public policy, administration or similar) and some relevant Local Government experience is desirable or lesser formal qualifications with substantial Local Government experience (Corporate Board or Secretarial services are sufficient).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the Local Government Act, Council business processes and decision-making in a Local Government context.
- Excellent research, organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of interpreting and applying various legislations and Acts.
Company: Macedon Ranges Shire Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Macedon Ranges, Victoria, AU
Application Deadline: N/A