Website Macedon Ranges Shire Council
Macedon Ranges Shire Council is committed to delivering services based on the Wellness and Reablement philosophy. This includes working with clients to identify their strengths, build their capacity to achieve their goals and enhance their independence and wellbeing. The Community Connections Worker (CCW) will provide high quality services to older people and their carers.
- Perform or assist with tasks identified in the client’s care plan.
- Encourage the client to participate in implementing care plan with a restorative care approach to tasks
- Perform or assist with personal care for clients who have a limited ability to undertake the personal activities of daily living.
- Work with clients in a progressive manner to assist them to build their confidence and strengths by making use of aids and equipment with the aim of rebuilding the client’s independence.
- Encourage clients in the use of new techniques such as equipment or change to habitual self care practices to improve their capacity for self management.
- To be undertaken by those that hold a Cert 111 Individual Support or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Commonwealth Home Support Program and Community Care programs and an understanding of the issues facing carers and older people living independently in the community.
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of maintaining the functional status and wellbeing of older people and their carers, enabling them to retain their level of independence and quality of life.
- Ability to make decisions consistent within guidelines and policies.
- Ability to work within a changing and multi-disciplinary team environment to achieve collective goals and objectives outlined within Service Plans and Work Plans.
Company: Macedon Ranges Shire Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Macedon Ranges, Victoria, AU
Application Deadline: N/A