Website Macedon Ranges Shire Council
The position will also assist with delivery of the Open Space Capital Works program including furniture renewal and playground equipment installation. You will play a key part in ensuring Macedon Ranges playgrounds are a safe and vibrant space for the public to enjoy. The successful applicant will be part of a small team undertaking these works in compliance with Council’s policies and procedures, and ensure all works are completed in accordance with Council’s Open Space Maintenance Levels of Service.
- Assist in the maintenance and inspection of playgrounds and park assets and other works to the standard required by the Team Leader.
- Ensure that plant and equipment under your control is properly serviced and maintained by undertaking daily equipment checks and ensuring all servicing is completed.
- Assist with programmed and reactive maintenance of Council infrastructure and nominated assets including but not limited to playgrounds, park furniture, ornamental fountains, bollards, mineral springs pumps, planter boxes and edging.
- Observe safe working practices in accordance with Macedon Ranges Shire Council’s policies and procedures.
- Correctly prepare and submit documentation including timesheets, work requests and other records where required.
- Assist other units within Open Space, such as turf, horticultural and arboricultural maintenance, as required.
- Other duties as directed by the Team Leaders that are within the skills and capabilities of the incumbent
- Knowledge of safe park asset maintenance practices.
- Knowledge of Australian Standards of playground maintenance.
- Knowledge of OHS policies and procedures and their application in the workplace
- Ability to understand timesheets and rosters.
- Safe and proficient operation of range of more complex mechanical plant whic requires the exercise of judgement.
- Ability to implement quality control whilst performing and reviewing tasks.
Company: Macedon Ranges Shire Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Macedon Ranges, Victoria, AU
Application Deadline: N/A