The primary function of the Department Manager (DM) Sales Floor is to manage the sales floor. This includes supervising and training associates, managing associate performance, and ensuring adequate department coverage through influencing scheduling of associates. This also includes managing stock level for the department, changing prices to reflect the most up- to-date markdowns and reductions, and performing cost overrides.
- The DM Sales Floor also uses internal systems and generated reports to plan inventory levels, track and resolve any issues, check order or sales management system, and retrieve key information.
- The DM Sales Floor is responsible for keeping management informed, executing daily assigned tasks, and maintaining product knowledge.
- The DM Sales Floor is also responsible for providing excellent customer service by greeting customers, fulfilling customer requests, identifying customer needs, and handling customer concerns.
- The DM Sales Floor is also required to maintain a safe and secure work environment by conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping store areas clean and organized, and monitoring for potential theft or security risks.
- The DM Sales Floor operates store equipment and supports other departments as needed.
- Lastly, the DM Sales Floor is responsible for completing all other duties as assigned. Requires morning, afternoon, and evening availability any day of the week.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years experience in a fast-paced retail environment (e.g., big-box stores, food service, customer service experience), including at least 1 year supervisory experience OR 6 months Lowe’s store sales floor experience.
- 1 year work experience in department (e.g., millwork, plumbing, tools).
- Knowledge of power equipment operation (e.g., forklift, lift truck, order picker).
- 1 year customer service experience in a home improvement setting.
- Experience with computer and web-based systems (e.g., email, web-based applications, delivery/scheduling systems, online ordering systems, training).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Red Deer, CA
Application Deadline: N/A