Website Logan City Council
The Disaster Management Program operates within the Road and Water Infrastructure Directorate. The Program is responsible for coordinating Logan City Council’s response to major emergencies or natural disaster events which may affect Logan residents and/or neighbouring Local Governments. The Program also undertakes planning and mitigation strategies for these events.
Our aim is to build organisation and community capability to prepare for, respond to, and recover from
disaster events that impact the city.
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement skills including planning, communication, presentation, facilitation, event management, evaluation, report writing and correspondence.
- Promote and champion a culture of learning and growth where ideas and knowledge are shared and staff are committed to professional and personal development.
- Model the behavioural traits of transparency, integrity and sound decision-making.
- Identify, explore and seize innovative opportunities for process improvements that enhance our customer service.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to develop, administer, manage and coordinate projects and resources effectively to achieve goal to meet deadlines and commitments
- Demonstrated experience in disaster management in a State or Local government environment, including proven ability to
effectively plan and manage responses to crisis and natural disasters.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interpretation of relevant Local Government, State and Federal Government legislation.
- Demonstrated knowledge, application and interpretation of Inspector-General Emergency Management Standards.
- Qualifications (or study towards) in a relevant field would be desirable eg Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE
Company: Logan City Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Logan, Queensland, Australia.
Application Deadline: N/A