Website Logan City Council
Our Health Safety and Wellbeing team come from diverse backgrounds and industries to support a range of specialty areas including HS&W advisors, return to work, workers compensation, people development, and systems improvement.
Health Safety and Wellbeing is formally recognised as a key priority at Logan City Council. This critical role is an opportunity to make a significant difference to our organisation and in turn our city of Logan.
- Supporting the development and delivery of HS&W Program vision and direction while engaging effectively with key stakeholders
- Providing professional advice and coordinating a systematic, risk management approach to support Council’s operations
- Effectively leading and developing the Strategy, Systems and Analytics Team to deliver a wide range of programs and initiatives
- Overseeing the development of HS&W program initiatives using human design thinking
- Play a key role in delivering Council’s HS&W Objectives and Targets.
- You will be an experienced professional who thrives during change, enjoys managing competing priorities and can find innovative human based system solutions to HS&W challenges.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in work health and safety, or a related relevant field, or significant experience in a similar role.
- Detailed knowledge of current Work Health & Safety and Worker’s Compensation and Rehabilitation legislation, regulations, codes, standards and guidelines.
- Act as a true people leader: with a passion for mentoring and developing a team of advisors, you’ll demonstrate a constructive leadership style that understands success is achieved by delivering outcomes through / in partnership with others.
- Sound working knowledge in leading investigations, audits, policy development, systems management and strategy objectives.
- Strong project management and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of design thinking and agile methodologies (highly desirable).
- Ability to apply design thinking and agile methodologies, including process mapping in finding new and innovative solutions to HS&W challenges.
Company: Logan City Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A