Website Lake Macquarie Council
Our Development Assessment and Certification department offers an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, innovative and passionate person to join our high performing, vibrant and energetic team in the role of Senior Development Planner.
With an appetite for growth and a passion for connectivity with our customers you will provide professional town planning services across a broad range of development control functions. You will mentor and guide a small team of professional town planners in the assessment of complex, diverse and significant development applications, meeting KPIs, and ensure an exceptional customer experience.
- Process, assess and determine a broad range of development applications under delegation provided by a delegated authority on behalf of Council. This involves site inspections, exhibitions of proposals, writing of reports, providing written/verbal advice to/and negotiation with developers, Councillors and the general public, liaison with Council departments and/or statutory authorities.
- Prepare reports, conduct site meetings and make presentations to the Regional Planning Panel, Urban Design Review Panel and Councillors, and where necessary act on any subsequent recommendations.
- Represent Council at appeals and conferences held by NSW Land and Environment Court.
- Assist in the coordination of day to day operations and function of the work teams along with involvement in the preparation and review of Council policies under the direction of the Section Manager Development or delegate.
- Train, mentor, performance manage, supervise staff, provide regular feedback relative to key performance indicators, and participate in performance and development plans and recruitment processes as required.
Company: Lake Macquarie Council
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Speers Point, New South Wales, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A