A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join us as a Java Software Engineer on the LBG Retail customer database, known internally as Operational Customer Information System (OCIS) system, which is a critical Bank system that underpins many critical business processes.
- You can support our agile adoption in the teams as part of the broader engineering community including the cultural aspects of agile as well as adoption of tools like JIRA & Confluence to visualise the work and drive democratised contributions.
- We’ll need you to be aware of industry changes to software products used in LBG and be able to suggest where we can utilize improvements to our advantage.
- You can bring fresh ideas to enable us to optimize the way in which we work and achieve early value release for our customers whilst driving down the total cost of ownership of our products.
- You’ll be supporting, maintaining and improving mission critical Java based systems with the passion to build a career and be recognized within LBG as an exemplar customer centric engineer on the systems you support.
- We’ll encourage you to become an expert, a leader in your field, a go-to person with influence over tooling and quality control. You’ll help set the direction for all software engineers within your area.
- Gain exposure to mainframe systems (Cobol) and develop a sound understanding of the system landscape.
- Collaborate successfully and deepen relationships across the Group with teams in UK (London, Manchester & Bristol hubs) and India
- Problem solving capabilities ideally gained from a relevant software support / development environment.
- The capability to critique and peer review solutions ensuring software design is as robust, efficient and fit for purpose as possible.
- Strong core Java knowledge (Spring, Hibernate, JEE)
- Previous software engineering experience and Java should be your main coding language.
- Experience working with relational databases and how business transactions are reflected
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A