Website Liverpool NSW
To support the Manager Development Assessment and work in partnership with teams across the Development Assessment department, to drive policies, process and performance outcomes to achieve efficiencies and foster a continuous improvement and customer focused culture.
- Work in partnership with the Manager Development Assessment to prepare, review and revise policies and processes to drive performance outcomes and ensure legislative compliance.
- Work with teams across the Development Assessment department to build capability and commitment to identify and develop opportunities for improvement in business systems and processes.
- Work with the teams in the department to build and influence the proficiency of staff in business planning and highlight the benefits of an effective business planning process.
- Contribute to the development of strategies which will enable Council to be adequately resourced to undertake appropriate roles and responsibilities to deliver results driven and an outcome focused culture to the community.
- To act as systems expert/key user for core applications across the Department and to provide advice and training support to the Manager and staff on optimum use of core systems within the Development Assessment department, including Pathway and iPlan.
- Create operating standards and build relationships within the organisation to improve efficiency in data collection and reporting and reduce system duplication.
- Facilitation skills and ability to work across teams in an engaging and creative way to maximise their thinking and innovation to process improvement and business planning.
- Expertise in core system applications and demonstrated experience in optimum use of systems to achieve business solutions.
- Knowledge of the Local Government planning and regulatory compliance framework.
- Sound judgement, issue management, problem solving and critical analysis skills.
- High level written and oral communication, negotiation, networking and interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed organising skills and the capacity to successfully manage several projects concurrently in a high-volume within tight timeframes.
- Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety practices, the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice and multi-cultural diversity
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience developing operational policy and procedures that promote efficiencies and a higher level of customer service.
- Proven track record in analysis and working within teams to assess existing systems, process and applications and recommending solutions in order to achieve objectives and meet goals.
- Proven track record in research and ability to drive innovation and solutions to achieve strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, development, implementation and evaluation, including data management, monitoring and reporting.
- Demonstrated capacity to work autonomously, whilst also demonstrating a high level of collaboration across the team and with key stakeholders.
Company: Liverpool NSW
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Liverpool, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A