Website Liverpool NSW
Excellent opportunity for a leadership role, within a large community focused library service. The Team Leader Library Collections and Information Services directs and supports a team of seven staff. Providing collections and services for a growing and diverse community.
- Purchase, management and promotion of our physical library collections.
- Leading and supporting the team to provide well used and customer focused collections and information services.
- Supplier and contract tracking, ensuring quality standards and budget reporting.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; Strong administration and customer skills.
- Specialised knowledge of professional standards and practices relating to the acquisition, cataloguing and processing of library materials.
- Knowledge of and competent use of library management systems, digital technology and corporate systems
- Specialised knowledge in collection development, management and control, reference techniques and in accessing specialised information in a variety of media.
- Strategic planning and management and budget control.
- Team building, leadership and development skills, including staff training, support and development skills
- Knowledge of Work Health and Safety practices, the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice and multicultural diversity
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a public library and a customer service environment.
- Developing and leading a team, including the support, supervision and training of staff.
- Experience in formulating and drafting new policies, procedures programs and reporting processes.
- Ability to plan, resource and implement promotional activities in the area of collection development.
- Experience in developing collections in various formats within budget limits.
- Contributing to strategic planning and the development of business plans.
- Proven experience in supervising a service, including the provision of quality collection services.
Company: Liverpool NSW
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Liverpool, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A