Website Jumeirah Group
An exciting role has arisen for a talented Learning & Development Manager to join Human Resources department at Jumeirah Al Qasr Hotel & Dar al Masyaf Villas. The main purpose of this role is to direct and manage the implementation of the hotel’s and company-wide L&D strategy and initiatives in order to develop and manage the right talent by building internal capability to meet current and future business needs, as well as to develop high-potential employees, retain high caliber talent and enable the delivery of the Group’s strategic objectives.
- Recommend the nature, frequency and purpose of key L&D initiatives offered, both in-house and outsourced, in line with the operations’ strategy, and ensure that all opportunities are leveraged to maximize learning whilst optimizing incurred costs.
- Manage the definition of L&D feedback mechanisms and the collation of feedback on the SBU’s L&D services in order capitalize on strengths and address areas of improvement in a pro-active manner.
- Manage the implementation of the succession planning process for key roles within the SBU, by identifying mission-critical roles and potential successors, to build a strong succession pipeline for the SBU’s future.
- Manage the selection and assessment of external service providers and the monitoring of their service delivery to secure highly qualified technical expertise to support the SBU’s L&D agenda.
- Manage the development and update of training materials, such as course objectives, charts, user guides etc., to ensure that they convey training content in a compelling, accurate and trainee-friendly manner.
- Manage the development and implementation of an integrated SBU learning and development plan to prioritize critical areas and equip Colleagues with the skill sets required to meet current and future business objectives.
- Manage the SBU’s learning and development need analysis, through brainstorming sessions with various departments and the analysis of employee requests and guest feedback, to ensure the development of a comprehensive and fit-for-purpose L&D plan.
- Review nominations received from the various SBU departments and review them and shortlist/ recommend participants to verify that the selected L&D service selected suits colleagues’ job and training history.
- Supervise the development and implementation of the SBU’s talent management process, including performance management and colleague mobility, to enable the SBU to optimize its use of talent and foster an achievement culture.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Learning & Development department providing guidance, encouraging teamwork, and facilitating related professional work processes to achieve high performance standards and liaise with internal and external parties at the appropriate levels to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Strong understanding of core hotel operations and of the luxury hospitality industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Hospitality Management or equivalent from an accredited and renowned University.
- Strong knowledge of key HR frameworks, with a focus on training and talent management.
- At least 5 years of L&D experience, preferably with an international hospitality company or a recognized blue-chip organization.
- Outstanding inter-personal skills and an ability to connect with people at all levels to drive successful relationships.
- Strong presentation, relationships management, and teamwork skills.
Company: Jumeirah Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A