Website Jumeirah Group
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East. We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’. An architectural masterpiece, Jumeirah Emirates Towers offers luxurious experiences in the heart of UAE’s most dynamic city. Soaring high above the central business and commercial district, Jumeirah Emirates Towers is a dramatic backdrop to Dubai’s skyline and a visible statement of the region’s growing corporate success. Comprising two equilateral triangles, this landmark structure is home to an Office Tower, Hotel Tower and shopping Boulevard. The hotel encompasses 400 spacious rooms and suites, 15 world-class restaurants and bars, Talise Fitness, Talise Spa as well as elite shopping and lifestyle attractions at the Boulevard, a prestigious retail destination. The award-winning hotel has multiple venues for inspiring events including the grand Godolphin Ballroom and 16 meeting rooms.
- To ensure agreed quality of product is maintained and appropriate action is taken when standards are not met and CSI targets are not achieved by liaison with all key partners as necessary.
- To recruit, monitor and train staff ensuring regular appraisals are carried out with achievable objectives.
- By analysing market food trends, make appropriate menu suggestions and development within agreed timescales.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
- To develop and coach colleagues
- Focus on developing a la carte menus for Lobby Lounge and Pool bar.
- Attend meetings in the absence of Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef or F&B Director regarding the updates for the day. Communicate the information to line staff to ensure the operation is aware of any changes.
- Establish culinary standards for the speciality of each kitchen which may include banqueting.
- Plan menus and compile recipes for new menus / food tastings to be approved by Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef and F&B Director.
- To fully understand HACCP and COSHH and take appropriate action to ensure a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
- Dynamic and eager to grow and develop with a strong focus on Service beyond expectation.
- Assist Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef in the supervision of all colleagues engaged in the kitchen.
- Diploma in hotel management
- All day dining experience
- The chef needs to be of Arabic background
- Should have previous record of working in a la carte restaurants
- At least five years in a five star international chain hotel
Company: Jumeirah Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A