As part of a small team, the Incident Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all Incidents are carefully managed, collaborating and coordinating across technical teams to ensure customer expectations are met, and that the information needs of decision makers are achieved. The role is outcome-oriented and requires engagement with other stakeholders to ensure early identification and reduced likelihood of repeat incidents.
- Escalate as required within the process to ensure outcomes are achieved.
- Conduct Post-Incident Reviews when required by the process.
- Produce and deliver incident reports, ensuring all incident records are accurately maintained.
- Drive process improvement and contribute to process efficiencies.
- Build and support complex relationships with internal and external stakeholders including anticipating and responding to stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Coordinate and manage incident processes, liaising with various support teams to communicate incident parameters, response, and resolution.
- Participate in a rotating on-call roster to provide support for Major Incidents out of hours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team and work under limited direction.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, as well as an interest in process efficiency.
- Excellent organisation and task management skills. and the ability to triage competing priorities.
- Ability to make decisions, demonstrating initiative and applying judgement in relation to complex problems.
- Knowledge of, or ability and willingness to learn, technical frameworks such as ITSM, ITIL and CMDB.
- The ability to interpret policy and the application of incident management practices and procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience using an ITSM tool such as ServiceNow to manage incidents.
- IT Service Desk Support experience is highly desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service, including personal resilience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A