Reporting to the Senior Financial Analyst, the Financial Analyst is responsible for undertaking a range of tasks to ensure the effective procurement by the Commonwealth and supporting the efficient management of service providers. As part of the Financial Viability team, you will provide a range of services to identify and manage risks to both the department and other Commonwealth agencies. This forms part of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act), which requires the management of public money in an efficient, effective and ethical way.
- Set priorities and ensure quality outputs for team deliverables.
- Support Data base management.
- Undertake analysis of financial statements and company structures.
- Investigate commercial risk issues.
- Coordinate and develop analysis and reports.
- Administration of Quality Assurance.
- Engage and advise internal and external stakeholders on financial matters.
- Ability to be resilient and adapt to changing priorities and a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to manage and organise data as well as high attention to detail.
- Strong written communication and oral skills.
- Self-starter with a capacity to work cooperatively within a small team.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements utilising financial analytical models with a high level analytical and investigative skills.
- Experience in a public sector management accounting environment highly regarded.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Adelaide, South Australia, AU
Application Deadline: N/A