Website Midcoast Council
In this role, you’ll get the best of both worlds as you work in our magnificent outdoors environment and create your designs in our state of the art, hi-tech facility.
Our LGA offers 10,000 klms2, so you’ll work amidst 3,500 klms of roadways as you measure and record landscapes across a myriad of eco-systems and unique terrain. Primarily road design, this role also includes Council infrastructure such as boat ramps, footpaths, drainage and landscaping systems and assisting with Councils public building, landscaping and outdoor spaces.
You’ll provide expertise and advice, project investigation, survey, design and drafting services as you become an integral part of our dedicated design team.
- Provide project development services including but not limited to project investigation, survey services, design services, drafting services, project approvals, and project development data management.
- Contribute to Council’s engineering standards, practices and processes relating to project development to assist in their continuous review, improvement, documentation and currency.
- Work Health & Safety – All Council staff are accountable for ensuring that they fulfil their specific responsibilities, duties and due diligence requirements under the NSW Work, Health & Safety legislation. Staff are also required to adhere to Council’s relevant safe work instructions, policies and procedures.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) – All Council staff are required to adhere to Council’s EEO policies and procedures.
- Delegations – All Council staff are required to comply with the financial and operational delegations issued to them as per Council’s delegations register.
- Other duties within the employee’s skill, competence and training level, as required to meet
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering, Surveying or a similar field OR extensive experience and a record of achievement in the coordination and delivery of survey, design and engineering related services, expertise and advice, within financial and time
constraints, operating across a diverse organisation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the professional and legislative requirements within the scope of the role, including current Engineering Standards, Local Government Act, Roads Act, Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, Environmental Legislation and related Regulations and Codes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that include the ability to support and coordinate multi discipline groups, influence stakeholders, resolve conflict and negotiate outcomes.
- Surveying and road design skills in a civil construction environment
- The ability to think and solve problems while working independently and supporting a dedicated design team
- Experience in the use of road design packages (Civil 3D, Magnet and 12D available) and CAD systems
- Qualifications in Civil Engineering, Surveying or extensive related experience in Survey and Design
Company: Midcoast Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Taree, New South Wales, Au
Application Deadline: N/A