Website Sunshine Coast Council
The Finance Branch is responsible for the financial management and governance, ensuring effective business management and legislative compliance.
The role is to provide support to the financial accounting team for the ongoing management and administration of Council’s financial processes in relation to daily banking, journal posting, and other financial tasks as required.
- Review and prepare daily bank journals ensuring quality accuracy and integrity.
- Liaise with external and internal stakeholders to prepare information for processing in the financial information system.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
- Assist in the maintenance of information systems and maintain knowledge appropriate to the role.
- Compilation and analysis of financial data for reports and/or returns as requested.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated quality data entry accuracy along with analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound communication skills, both written and oral.
- Sound organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload.
- Contribute as a positive team member.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using integrated financial information systems and intermediate skills in spreadsheeting software such as MS Excel.
Company: Sunshine Coast Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nambour, Queensland, Australia.
Application Deadline: N/A