Website Townsville City Council
This position will ensure that licence, legislative, environmental, operational plan and quality requirements are met and conduct activities as required for major maintenance/breakdown and planned works to minimise costs associated with breakdowns, ensure effective maintenance of assets, reduce operational down time, and reduce reactive maintenance requirements. You will assist in maintaining wastewater house drains, gravity mains and pressure mains including clearing blockages; pipe repair and construction; manhole inspections, repair and construction. You will also assist with the operation and maintenance of wastewater pump stations including cleaning probes, cleaning wet wells, maintaining the surroundings of the pump stations and monitoring, maintaining log sheets and reporting on pump station performance including the performance of all pump station equipment.
- Confined Space Entry ticket and a good knowledge of confined space entry procedures.
- Completion of a White Card (Construction Industry) general safety induction course.
- Current Drainers license will be desirable.
- Ability to participate in the on-call roster and overtime arrangements as required, to resolve out of hours operational issues or emergency works including disaster management.
- Current Queensland “MR” class driver’s licence.
- Ability to receive Immunisation against Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B provided through Council.
Company: Townsville City Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Townsville, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A