Website Melton Council
We are seeking a vibrant positive nurse who can work independently and contribute to the strong team culture. The position requires Maternal and Child Health Nurses with highly developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and a capacity to relate effectively to a diverse range of families, communities, and professionals in a constantly changing environment.
By joining the Enhanced Maternal and Child Health team you will be supported by the Enhanced Maternal and Child Health Team Leader and a strong unit of professional staff including, Enhanced MCH nurses, a social worker, a family violence social worker, outreach MCH nurse and parent support worker.
- To provide a child centred, family focused outreach service, optimizing the health and development of children 0-3 years who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander or are in Out of Home Care.
- To be responsible for supporting families to be confident and capable in their decision-making related to their children, with targeted actions and interventions.
- Current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse (division1) and Midwife
- Able to satisfy the requirements to work as a Maternal and Child Health Nurse in Victoria.
- Experience in Enhanced Maternal and Child Health, or extensive Universal Maternal and Child Health experience.
- Experience with use of CDIS integrated programs or a willingness to learn.
- Must have a current Victorian Driver’s licence or equivalent
Company: Melton Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melton, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A