Website Maribyrnong Council
Our Project Office has an amazing opportunity for a Project Manager to join our professional and enthusiastic team. Reporting to the Senior Coordinator Project Management, you will ensure the effective and efficient planning, coordination and delivery of major and minor capital projects within the City of Maribyrnong.
Our ideal candidate will have experience delivering high quality civil capital works projects on time, within budget and to Council standards and specifications. You will also be collaborative by nature and have exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Project manage and supervise nominated infrastructure including roads, footpaths, car parks, traffic management devices, laneways, urban streetscape, parks, soil remediation, hazardous materials and other capital improvement projects as necessary to ensure the projects are properly scoped, planned and delivered.
- Undertake full scope of tasks associated with contract works, including budget monitoring, supervision and administration duties.
- Monitor project program, scope, costs and maintain a sound financial position for each project and report regularly on expenditure, program, scope and progress.
- Monitor report and maintain records on works progress, relevant quantities and contract variations.
- Collaborate and communicate with service managers, delegated Council representatives and external stakeholders in the planning, design, contract and construction stages of each project.
- Manage Principal Consultants, Principal Contractors, individual consultants and / or individual contractors, subject to project procurement.
- Ensure all project works are executed safely and meet the needs of Council’s customers with minimal inconvenience or disruption to people and traffic
- A degree in Civil Engineering or Construction or another relevant discipline with some experience or lesser formal qualifications with substantial civil project management experience.
- Hands on experience in design, tendering, construction and project management within a local government context;
- Ability to manage, supervise and provide clear direction and instruction to consultants and contractors.
- A highly developed understanding of Australian standards, codes of practices and relevant legislation
Company: Maribyrnong Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Maribyrnong, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A