Website Hornsby Council
The Environmental Compliance Officer contributes to a customer focused team that implements the Environmental, Health and Planning Legislative framework that protects the environment and ensures safe, sustainable development within the Shire.
The Environmental Compliance Officer services Council’s constituents in respect of development, land use, environment and building control in accordance with the Local Government Act 1993, Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997.
- Ensure that the customers’ needs are met at a level of service as documented in Council’s Service Specification.
- Support the Planning and Compliance Division’s Customer Service counter by providing technical support in accordance with the duty roster, where required.
- Various applications made under the Local Government Act 1993.
- Ensure that telephone calls and correspondence are responded to within service delivery targets.
- Ensure Service Requests’ (complaints) are investigated within service delivery targets and appropriate actions instigated.
- Good written and oral communication skills,
- Good computer skills,
- A strong history of providing quality customer service, and
- An ability to work from home if required to do so
Company: Hornsby Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hornsby, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A