Website Hobsons Bay Council
The Youth Development Officer – Events and Activation is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of programs, events and activities across the municipality that encourage and increase young people’s social, recreation, leisure and engagement participation, with an emphasis on providing constructive uses of their time in the places and spaces they choose. This involves proactively going where young people are and developing safe, meaningful and engaging programs, events and activities with them.
- create, develop and co-design a range of programs and services that address the needs of young people and the community, providing safe and welcoming places and spaces, creative and meaningful recreation and leisure options, and engagement through structured activities.
- manage a busy and exciting workload, running programs in an outreach/satellite capacity across the municipality
- step in to a newly developed role to increase options for constructive use of time to young people in a preventative and early intervention emphasis
- work as part of a team of youth work professionals to engage young people and demonstrate outcomes through your efforts
- a self starter, motivated to create and implement high-quality programs and events that are interesting, engaging and well run (such as FReeZA)
- passionate, knowledgeable and experienced in planning, delivering and evaluating events and activities for young people that have strong attendance levels
- Youth Work and AOD qualified and experienced working with young people using a strength-based framework
- familiar with the YACVic Code of Ethical Practice, Child Safe Standards, and the role of youth services in a local government context.
Company: Hobsons Bay Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hobsons Bay, Victoria, AU
Application Deadline: N/A