Website Gympie Council
Council is seeking an experienced Supervisor with leadership skills and a strong customer service focus with experience in a Water Industry environment to manage the day to day operations of our water and sewerage treatment plants and pumping stations, including the daily supervision of Operators and Fitters.
- Management of contracts for operational works.
- Ensure that a preventative maintenance program for pump stations and treatment plants in place and work is completed as budgeted.
- Ensure that materials, plant and services provided to plant operators so that delay to operations is avoided.
- Ensure that adequate staff, materials, chemicals and equipment are available for continuous system operation and maintenance.
- Provide supervision and mentoring to water and sewage treatment plant operators, fitters and work crews.
- Support for operational and capital project delivery through operational and technical advice to project managers and project team, and liaison with contractors.
- Contribute to an effective team operating Council’s treatment plants to ensure the highest quality of service to customers, both internal and external, by compliance with industry guidelines, workplace procedures, Council’s Customer Service Standards and statutory requirements.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers through effective stakeholder engagement support.
- Process documentation, correspondence and reports associated with engagement processes for Treatment Operations projects and planning activities.
- Working knowledge of the Water Wastewater Branch functions and operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operations and maintenance of water and wastewater treatment facilities, including activities such as treatment methods, safe use of chemicals, water testing, use of SCADA systems and working within legislative requirements including the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously or cooperatively in an integrated team environment by developing effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory or leadership role
- Certificate IV in Water Industry Operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of water and wastewater reticulation and collection systems.
Company: Gympie Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gympie, Queensland, AU
Application Deadline: N/A