Website Federal Court
Legal associates assist with researching cases, points of law, preparing matters for hearing including other related matters for first instance judges and of the Court. Legal associates are responsible for providing assistance to judicial officers during court hearings and other administrative support to judges, as required. In addition, legal associates perform court support duties.
- Assists judicial officers with the management of cases and, if required, enters data into the Court’s case management system
- Assists with the preparation of matters for both the Court and the Judge, with the Judge’s judgment writing as required including head notes, catch wording, and editing in line with the Court’s judgments publication standards
- Undertakes judicial associate and client service (court officer) duties, and provides assistance by updating chambers loose leaf series, and
- Provides research assistance to judicial officers
- Assists with the general operation of chambers, when required.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including tact, discretion, initiative and the ability to communicate effectively with members of the judiciary, the legal profession, the public and other court staff.
- Ability to operate computer-based equipment and associated word processing and other software.
- Knowledge, or ability to acquire knowledge, of Family Court functions, the organisation, practices, procedures and terminology.
- Ability to undertake research (including on-line research) and prepare reports and written correspondence.
- Sound organisational skills including the ability to manage priorities, meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure in a team environment.
Company: Federal Court
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Application Deadline: N/A