Website Cessnock Council
An opportunity is now available for a multi-skilled Plant Operator to undertake plant operator and labouring duties, as part of our works teams executing the maintenance and construction of roads, paved areas, drainage facilities and parks.
- Operation of allocated plant under supervision and/or instruction, in accordance with RMS Regulations and Council policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Undertake general labouring duties, such as excavation and spreading of material, pipe laying, concrete works, erection of roadside furniture and roadside cleaning;
- Operate and maintain small plant and equipment such as chainsaws, plate compactors, hand mowers, hand tools, brush cutters, small fuel driven roller, and concrete vibrators; and
- Ensure a positive image of Council is promoted throughout the community through courteous, responsive and efficient service.
- Backhoe Loader
- Current Class HR driver’s licence;
- Skid Steer Loader
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience and competency in undertaking labouring duties for civil projects such as curb and gutter construction, stormwater pipe and sump construction.
- Demonstrated experience and competence in the safe operation, servicing and maintenance of plant and vehicles;
- Demonstrated experience and competency operating at least one of the following items of plant:
Company: Cessnock Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cessnock, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A