Website City of Cockburn
The City of Cockburn is committed to being a leader in the sustainable management of our local environment. Part of this strategy is the improvement of urban forests and streetscapes as well as the provision of accessible open spaces and parks. The City is offering a great opportunity for a Team Leader – Arboriculture to become a key member of the Environment, Parks and Streetscapes Operations team. This position is responsible for undertaking scheduled and reactive maintenance of the City of Cockburn Tree assets (this includes but is not limited to pruning trees using pole saw, chainsaw, hand tools and operation of HIAB)
- Demonstrated ability to lead, give direction, provide guidance and interact with team members.
- Willingness to work overtime, on call and irregular hours, to attend emergency tree works and storm damage works.
- Demonstrated experience in the safe operation and user maintenance of mechanical plant and hand tools.
- Developed oral and written communications skills to maintain records and provide information to other employees, supervisors and members of the public, the City uses tough tablet technology to assist with job and safety records.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and show understanding of OS&H practices as they relate to the workplace
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in pruning and removing trees in busy streetscape environments.
- Formal qualifications in Arboriculture, Horticulture or relevant and/or demonstrated significant experience in tree pruning and branch removal using truck mounted HIAB.
- Extensive knowledge of common Tree species and their management in line with Australian Arboricultural best practice.
Company: City of Cockburn
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cockburn, Western Australian, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A