This role will lead and deliver the vision to make the Wangaratta Sports, Aquatics and Events Precinct (WSAEP) the premiere sporting and events precinct in regional Victoria. Its initial focus is the growth and smooth operation of the Wangaratta Sports & Aquatics Centre (WSAC) within the precinct. The WSAC is an exceptional centre which now includes a 50m Olympic pool, 25m heated indoor pool, warm water pool, toddler’s pool, splash pad, 24/7 gym, squash courts, indoor stadium, active group fitness program and a welcoming café. Further exciting upgrades are also planned for expanded basketball courts and refurbished gym
- Set the vision and strategy and drive implementation of transformation roadmaps for the WSAC and subsequently the WSAEP.
- Lead and manage all strategic and operational functions, to a become a community focused and thriving facility and precinct providing outstanding service delivery to all customers and stakeholders.
- Improve commercial performance, membership, participation and financial performance to achieve a net community benefit to the municipality and its residents.
- Encourage community participation and wellbeing and attract and retain active members and users through delivery of fresh and innovative programming, competitions, events and memberships, in accordance with Council strategy, policy
and legal requirements.
- Lead, develop and empower staff to deliver excellent customer service, to achieve performance targets, to continually improve through implementation of the transformation roadmap, and to ensure customers and staff are safe at all times.
- Oversee the day-to-day management and planned maintenance and upgrade of the facilities including oversight of asset management, in collaboration with Council’s Facilities Management team.
- On occasion, lift items unspecified in weight within individual limits.
- Undertake office-based activities including sitting at a desk and using a computer for extended periods.
- Undertake centre-based activities that require physical exertion (e.g. lead or participate in group fitness activities).
- Swim and be safe in and around water.
- Walk up and down stairs and around facilities regularly.
- Drive a car
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 5 year’s direct experience in managing a large health or fitness facility or similar, including with aquatic facilities.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Sport, Fitness or an equivalent sector.
Company: Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A