Website Midcoast Council
This position sits within the Waste Health and Regulatory Services section and is responsible for assisting the Landfill Supervisor oversee the Gloucester waste \management facility in an effective and efficient manner in accordance with Councils Waste Management Strategy and in accordance with the NSW Environmental Protection Authority (EPA).
- Operate the Gloucester Waste Management facility in accordance with relevant environmental licencing and regulations.
- Implement Councils Pollution Incident Response Management Plan (PIRMP).
- Undertake duties associated with the landfill including but not limited to: opening and closing the landfill facility; maintain the landfill, implement rodent, pest and weed control measures, undertake basic repairs, operate the recycling shop, keep daily records and revenue collection and banking.
- Ensure compliance with waste contracts.
- Deliver a high level of customer service.
- Ensure recyclable and reusable diversion is maximised and waste to Landfill is minimised.
- Investigate and follow up complaints to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Operate the Landfill computer and weighbridge equipment.
- Demonstrated competence in medium plant operation and knowledge of waste compaction methods.
- Basic understanding of EPA licence conditions and associated regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills with proven ability to work effectively, autonomously and within a team.
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills, to proactively plan tasks and responsibilities in order to meet deadlines.
- Understanding on the application of good Customer Service.
- Cash handling skills and Basic computer literacy
Company: Midcoast Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Taree, New South Wales, Au
Application Deadline: N/A