Website Liverpool NSW
To assist the Coordinator and Manager Development Assessment in assessing and managing regionally significant development applications and coordinating Council reports to planning panels including Sydney South West Planning Panel, Liverpool Design Excellence Panel and Liverpool Independent Hearings and Assessment West Planning Panel, Liverpool Design Excellence Panel and Liverpool Independent Hearings and Assessment Panel.
- Coordinating Council reports to planning panels including Sydney South West Planning Panel, Liverpool Design Excellence Panel and Liverpool Independent Hearings and Assessment Panel.
- Manage the Council’s Pre Development Application Process relating to regionally significant development proposals
- Assess and report on major and complex development applications and liaise with the public and developers
- Act as an expert witness in the Land and Environment Court.
- Managing and mentoring a small team of development planners and staff in assessing development applications and interpreting planning issues.
- Providing written and verbal advice regarding land use, zoning, planning legislation, Council policies and procedures relating to regionally significant development proposals
- Reviewing and implementing procedures to ensure a high level of development outcomes are maintained
- Knowledge of Work Health and Safety practices, the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice and multi-cultural diversity
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to write detailed reports and resolve planning issues through effective mediation, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Knowledge of Land and Environment Court Regulations
- Analysis and application of legal advice and court judgements
- Ability to critically analyse and assess Environmental Impact Statements
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive experience in development assessment is considered necessary to ensure the desired level of expertise/knowledge to adequately carry out the functions of the position
- Extensive experience in handling a wide range of complex applications relating to all possible development on industrial, commercial or residential zoned land
- Extensive experience in provided expert planning advice to Planning Panels including regional planning panels, Design Excellence Panels and Independent Hearings and Assessment Panels.
- Experience as an expert planning witness in the Land and Environment Court
- Experience in providing legal instruction and giving evidence before the Court
Company: Liverpool NSW
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Liverpool, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A