Website Frankston Council
Councils Development Services Department is looking for an Environmental Health Technician who will be responsible for enhancing the wellbeing of the community through the provision of defined services including performing technical duties in programs related to public and environmental health. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Under guidance, assess plans and facilitate the registration of premises regulated under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 and Residential Tenancies (Caravan Parks and Movable Dwellings Registration and Standards) Regulations 2020.
- Undertake routine inspections and monitor regulated businesses to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and standards of practice. This will include but not limited to prescribed accommodation, personal appearance services, and aquatic facilities.
- Manage the surveillance and enforcement of Council’s responsibilities under the Tobacco Act 1987, including tobacco retailers, outdoor locations and enclosed workplaces to ensure compliance with the Act.
- Investigate infectious disease notifications in accordance with established guidelines when requested by the Department of Health
- Relevant tertiary qualification, undertaking studies in a relevant tertiary qualification and/or experience in a similar position.
- An understanding of the principles and concepts of Environmental Health.
- Knowledge and understanding of the legislation relevant to Environmental Health.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities in an environment where there are competing pressures to achieve objectives.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills including the ability to prepare reports, briefs of evidence statutory notices and documents.
Company: Frankston Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Frankston, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A