Website Department of Treasury
A unique opportunity exists for a Director of Balance Sheet Management. In this role you will lead the treasury operations of the state government. You will perform this role by leading a multi-disciplined and high performing team to develop policies and strategies to manage the State’s borrowing program and debt portfolio and the financial risks to the State arising from borrowings, investments, currency, commodities, and financial guarantees.
- Provide credit assessments and other advice to the Treasurer on borrowing and guarantee requests from Government businesses, local councils and private sector borrowers and manage the ongoing administration of these loans.
- Monitor the daily public account cash and banking requirements and overseeing the funding, cashflow forecasting, liquidity and funding requirements of the State.
- Develop and oversee the State’s transactional banking strategy and initiatives to improve the efficiency of the State’s banking arrangements and manage the relationships with the participating banks and government business to achieve these outcomes.
- Provide advice on credit rating issues and manage relationships with credit rating agencies;
- Research and provide advice on debt, interest rate and related capital markets issues.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyse financial data to assess financial performance and credit risk of businesses and financial structures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of external and internal stakeholders.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong leadership skills and experience and the ability to lead, manage and motivate a multi-disciplined team.
- Extensive experience in treasury operations and the management of debt portfolios and financial instruments.
- Experience in the development and implementation of financial and risk management policies.
Company: Department of Treasury
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Application Deadline: N/A