As the Collection Management Service Administrator & Data Manager with National Research Collections Australia (NRCA), you will assist with the migration of the NRCA collections to the Specify collection management system. You will develop user expertise in the use and configuration of Specify, and further develop your expertise to super-user status. To support end-users, you will assist in the development of help documentation and user training for the different Specify instances. Drawing on your experience in relational database systems, you will apply your knowledge to the biodiversity informatics domain. Your focus will be on specific NRCA collections, but you will at times be called upon to provide data management support across NRCA more broadly.
- Facilitate the implementation and migration of all NRCA collections data to Specify.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of biodiversity informatics data standards, and collections management data content and workflow requirements.
- Develop super-user expertise in Specify.
- Assist with maintaining data quality in the various instances of Specify.
- Provide ongoing Specify system support for NRCA staff and contribute to finding solutions that respond to the needs of end users.
- Assist in the development of user documentation for the different Specify instances.
- Deliver training for NRCA curation, research and data management staff in the use of Specify.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of strategic and operational plans.
- Help ensure that collections are made as accessible as possible.
- Proactively collaborate with key internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor of Science or Information Technology degree in a relevant data-based discipline.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to demonstrate initiative and judgement in identifying and resolving complex issues.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong ability to communicate with others, including experience in training or conveying factual information to individuals or groups.
- Experience with relational database concepts, and working with large databases in a data management/data analysis role.
- Experience in client liaison to deliver products and services, or to develop productive and collaborative partnerships.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A