WHS Inspectors undertake a range of Work Health and Safety (WHS) regulatory activities in accordance with relevant legislation, policy and procedures. The work includes: WHS related prevention programs and campaigns, stakeholder engagement and dispute resolution, presentations, inspections and investigations across a wide range of industries and risk factors (physical and psychosocial).
- Undertake preventative inspectorate activities including compliance and follow-up inspections, stakeholder engagement and presentations/forums.
- Provide information and advice to duty holders on the requirements of work health and safety law to increase levels of compliance and improved WHS practices.
- Undertake workplace inspections across a diverse range of industries and risk factors (physical and psychological) and identify breaches of Commonwealth WHS legislation.
- Provide assistance to lead inspectors conducting criminal WHS investigations.
- Contribute to the capture of regulatory intelligence and identification of regulatory priorities to better inform regulatory responses.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A