Website City of Cockburn
The Environmental Coordinator position will be responsible for overseeing the Environmental Management, Planning and Policy Service Unit within the City.
Supervising a team of dedicated and enthusiastic professionals, you will provide technical advice and direction to staff and contractors in relation to the day to day preservation and improvement of the natural environment.
- Provide management, leadership and forward planning for the Environmental Management, Policy and Planning Service Unit.
- Provide professional advice to the Head of Sustainability and Environment and Chief of the Built and Natural Environment on all business related to the functions and operation of the service unit.
- Coordinating the implementation of a range of related projects, including revegetation, undertaken by the unit.
- Providing expert advice to other departments and prepare/oversee applications in relation to environmental issues and vegetation clearing.
- Ensuring the unit is operating efficiently and effectively and is adequately resourced at all times.
Providing professional advice and direction to subordinate staff on all matters related to the functions and operation of the unit.
- Degree in Environmental Science or equivalent or lesser formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Demonstrated ability in the supervision of external consultants and contractors.
- Sound knowledge of financial management practices particularly in the procurement of goods and services as well as preparation and management of Capital Works and operational budgets.
- Highly developed communication, numeracy skills and interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate, influence and consult.
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive practical experience in Natural Area Management.
- Significant experience dealing with environmental issues in the development process and land-use management.
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of professional and technical staff.
- Experience in environmental planning and environmental impact assessment procedures.
Company: City of Cockburn
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cockburn, Western Australian, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A