Help shape CASA’s future in the cloud. The Technical Administrator will be at the forefront of CASA’s exciting and all-encompassing cloud migration program. Reporting to the Solutions Capability Team Leader, the Technical Administrator will provide technical expertise and guidance in system administration for the effective delivery and management of CASA’s strategic objectives. The Technical Administrator works autonomously and in collaboration with others across the wider Information Technology Branch to deliver the system administration functions of CASA systems, providing support to internal and external clients.
- Demonstrated experience working in a contemporary, secure ICT environment with understanding and skills in the provision of technical services; particularly in Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 and Microsoft Azure environments
- Assisting with the identification and resolution of production problems including vendor liaison
- Providing professional advice, support, assistance and feedback with regards to technical issues, and services to ensure the alignment with best practice and the strategic intent of CASA.
- Assisting with the development, documentation and improvement of ICT procedures and practices
- Collaborating, participating in and contributing to the planning, development and delivery of team plans to support the Team/Branch and broader CASA goals and objectives
- Delivering and assisting with the delivery of the Sections work program, contributing to strategic and operational priorities for ICT within CASA.
- Providing technical expertise, administration and support of system solutions for the effective delivery and management of nominated CASA’s IT systems.
- Supporting the implementation of change and promoting continuous improvement activities within the team/Branch and across the organisation as appropriate
- Modelling and promoting workplace safety, equity and diversity, participative management and environmental management in the workplace and act in accordance with CASA’s Values and Behaviours.
- Participating in a team 24×7 on-call roster to provide infrastructure support out of hours
- Demonstrated ability to manage and enhance the operational efficiency of the ICT environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with influence (both verbally and in writing) with the capacity to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Demonstrated flexibility and the capacity to exercise judgement, intelligence, discretion and independence for performing their CASA work responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience as a Technical Administrator or similar role
- Demonstrated technical expertise in Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and Microsoft Azure environments
- Demonstrated technical expertise in of Windows 10, Windows Server, and Windows Server fundamentals (AD, DNS, DFS, Group Policy etc)
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain stakeholder relationships with identified internal and external stakeholders, which are built on credibility and trust
- Relevant experience, tertiary or formal qualifications would be highly regarded.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A