Website Camden Council
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our new Sport & Recreation branch for an innovative and customer focused Recreation Planner. Reporting to the Team Leader Sport and Community Facilities, you will have the opportunity to prepare and implement recreation and open space strategies, policies, procedures, plans, studies, and guidelines for the provision of open space and recreation facilities.
- Independent decision-making capacity with the ability to think strategically and creatively within the Council framework of policies and
- Flexibility towards working hours to achieve outcomes;
- Appropriate research, reporting and computer skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to instil confidence, negotiate and develop good rapport;
- Ability to plan, manage and prioritise multiple projects while meeting operational deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO, WHS and ethical practice principles and to act with probity at all times.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a work team;
- Self-starter with achievement and outcomes orientation;
- Demonstrated high level application of analytical, creative thinking and problem solving;
- Degree qualifications in recreation, leisure studies or a related field;
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in a local government environment;
- Demonstrated project and resource management skills and experience;
- Relevant experience in recreation planning and policy development;
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative and regulatory framework;
Company: Camden Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Camden, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A