The Supervision and Assessment Team coordinates the assessment of mining and rehabilitation proposals, undertakes a program of inspections and audits and coordinates a comprehensive and independent environmental investigation program to detect effects of uranium mining on people and the environment.
- Providing leadership and technical input into the branch’s compliance and verification program to ensure activities on mining and exploration sites are occurring in a manner consistent with regulatory approval conditions
- Participating in environmental investigations and providing technical and strategic advice to help shape the environmental monitoring undertaken by the branch
- Managing an interdisciplinary team of professionals to undertake programs of audits, inspections, monitoring, and investigation activities associated with the impacts of uranium mining
- Providing strategic oversight of complex environmental assessments through coordination of internal and external review of company data, reports and proposals and the production of high-quality assessment advice
- Coordination of collaboration and engagement between the branch, specialist consultants and other government agencies on complex environmental matters and regulatory processes
- Assisting with the general functions of the Supervision and Assessment team as required, including contributions to departmental corporate and governance processes.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in the implementation of environmental monitoring systems and the application of environmental investigation techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating complex environmental assessments including the collation of information, liaisons with subject matter experts and development of assessment reports.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of compliance verification programs related to environmental risk management.
- Experience with mining or other large-scale rehabilitation related activities from either an industry or regulatory oversight perspective.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A