The Environment Compliance Branch provides a centralised compliance and enforcement capability for the Department’s environmental legislation. We work with business, industry, government and the community to understand and improve compliance with national environmental law. The Environment Compliance Branch conducts civil and criminal investigations, collects and analyses environmental intelligence, monitors compliance with environmental approvals, and engages with the community we regulate.
- Conducting complex or sensitive investigations
- Preparing briefs of evidence and reports
- Participating in field work
- Maintaining liaison and stakeholder engagement
- Adhere to relevant investigative and government standards, policies and procedures.
- Developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Developed investigation, research and analytical skills
- A high level of integrity, confidentiality and strong interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated ability to show initiative and good judgment
- An ability to multi-task while achieving results in a challenging and dynamic environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A