We are now seeking applications from a Systems Administrator to provide long term support and feature enhancement to support the operation of enterprise configuration and maintenance management system in support of the Collins Class submarines.
- Perform second level HelpDesk support, including scripts for database extracts and updates.
- Management and installation of development tools.
- Apply a structured problem solving approach to a broad range of technologies.
- Work in a flexible and adaptable environment to ensure the availability of the production system and boat based systems is achieved.
- Perform system administration activities including installation and management of servers, database administration, backup and recovery, user account maintenance, and network security.
- Ensure changes made to the system are appropriately documented and configured.
- Contribute to the team and system development through the ability to identify improvement opportunities, sponsor and continuously drive for change.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven experience with a broad range of server technologies and operating systems e.g. VMWARE ESX, UNIX, Linux, Windows.
- Prior experience in a similar role.
- Proven ability to perform systems administration of hardware, software (including databases) and computer networks.
- Proven SQL experience with a relational database (e.g. Oracle) is required. Oracle database administration experience will be highly regarded.
- Experience in a defence, shipbuilding or manufacturing environment will be highly regarded.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Adelaide, South Australia, AU
Application Deadline: N/A