The Director Criminal Intelligence Assessment Team oversees a team of intelligence analysts and investigators within the ACIC’s Intelligence Operations Division that form the Criminal Intelligence Assessments Team (CIAT). The team is primarily responsible for delivering the ACIC’s legislated capability for conducting criminal intelligence background checks and assessments for certain licenses on request from Department of Home Affairs. The team works closely with Director Legal Criminal Intelligence Assessments and partner agencies to deliver the capability.
- Demonstrates high-level analytical skills including knowledge and application of intelligence collection, collation, analysis and reporting methodologies, processes and techniques, to contribute an expert intelligence perspective to decision making.
- Has the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to liaise, collaborate and negotiate to deliver complex projects and achieve desired outcomes
- Demonstrates high-level understanding of serious and organised crime threats to Australian interests, with a particular focus on factors driving and enabling crime, vulnerabilities, criminal opportunities and the implications of crime.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to draft and edit complex intelligence documents tailored to a range of clients.
- Shows proven leadership and people management skills with a demonstrated ability to lead, supervise, motivate and develop teams and individuals within a multi-disciplinary environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A