The role requires an excellent communicator with outstanding writing skills who can help translate complex economic regulation and public policy issues into clear and concise messages. This will require advanced writing skills, proficient editing of public policy materials and documents, attention to detail as well as outstanding stakeholder management skills.
Experience working in sectors responsible for competition policy and economic regulation within the utilities and or infrastructure sectors is preferred but not essential. The successful candidate will prepare and create clear and concise communication materials for a broad range of external stakeholders.
- Lead the planning, advice and execution of activities aligned to the Communications and Engagement Strategy.
- This includes developing and executing integrated communications plans and messaging tailored to relevant audiences, manage communications, issues and engagement activity, and provide general communications support and advice to key stakeholders.
- Maintain and update the AER’s external key messages, responses, corporate narrative, and thought leadership, in line with the agency’s Strategic Plan.
- Deliver external communications strategies, including media relations, public affairs and crisis management, whilst effectively managing media issues, processes and enquiries.
- Provide strategic advice on stakeholder and community engagement projects that intersect with media or are complex issues that could impact on the AERs external reputation.
- Prepare and write media engagement plans for Board papers and Committees, prepare and distribute media releases, speeches.
- Prepare and implement processes, policies and practices for media and public affairs issues to ensure the AER messages are consistent, timely and accurate and easily understood by media.
- Proactively engage with government departments and ministerial offices, journalists, external energy stakeholders and advocacy groups to clearly communicate regulatory and public policy positions. Support the broader team in managing Media and Public Affairs by consistently building and fostering strong stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Regularly monitor media and external stakeholder channels and provide detailed analysis of issues that may impact the AER.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to drive business partnerships that will proactively promote the AER’s corporate narrative and position the AER brand in the energy sector.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A