Website Ipswich City Council
As Program Officer (Physical Activity) you will be part of the Sport and Recreation Section, and will be responsible for developing appropriate programs, plans and partnerships aimed at enhancing the health, wellbeing and physical activity levels of the Ipswich community through physical activity, wellbeing and active transport opportunities.
- Develop and implement a range of programs and partnerships that encourage a healthy community lifestyle through participation in physical activity and wellbeing opportunities.
- Develop strategic partnerships to develop a healthy community through participation in physical activity, wellbeing and active transport.
- Provide specialist advice relating to physical activity, wellbeing and active transport activation and behaviour change matters that contributes to a healthier community.
- Plan and advocate needs, priorities and requirements for improving physical activity and wellbeing outcomes in Ipswich.
- An excellent fit with our values of communication, collaboration, integrity, efficiency and leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Promotion, Sport, Recreation and Leisure Management or similar discipline and/or substantial experience to carry out the range of duties required.
- Post-graduate qualifications in a related field with experience working in local government.
- Working with children check – Issue of Blue Card and Positive Notice letter and curent Queensland drivers licence.
- Knowledge and understanding of policies, strategies and programs supporting physical activity, wellbeing and active transport, population health and/or public health principles, preferably in a local government environment.
- Skills in the development, management, implementation and evaluation of programs and interventions, specifically physical activity, wellbeing and active transport related programs.
- Skills in the development of partnerships within an organisation and with external customers and stakeholders.
- Skills in developing or contributing to physical activity and wellbeing related plans.
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple programs/projects of varying size and complexity on time, within budget and at appropriate levels of quality.
- Analytical and interpersonal and liaison skills to represent Council in a variety of public forums and communicate with a range of stakeholders on physical activity, wellbeing and active transport related matters.
Company: Ipswich City Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ipswich, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A