Website Inner West Council
Inner West Council is among Sydney’s larger local government agencies looking after a vibrant community of 201,000 people living in some of the inner city’s most vibrant, creative, liveable and diverse suburbs.
As we continue to deliver quality, innovative and inclusive programs and services, we would love it if you can join in our journey towards becoming the best council for our community.
We are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, WHS, sustainability, continuous improvement and business excellence. The community is at the heart of the organisation and Council puts its ‘Values First’ with flexibility, integrity, respect and the spirit of team as a set of values and associated behaviours for all levels in the organisation. We expect commitment to these values from all employees in performing their respective roles
- Strategic land use planning advice relating to population needs, sector needs and community infrastructure requirements
- Timely preparation and implementation of strategic planning policy and of Council strategies
- Maintaining an accurate and high quality level of reporting to Council and executive.
- Ensure community and stakeholder engagement is maintained and consistently delivered to a high standard.
- Research and data analysis relevant to strategic community and cultural planning.
- Direct the strategic alignment of Council’s grants programs with the community strategic vision.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Administration, Humanities, Social Sciences, Town Planning or related discipline
- Current Working With Children Check
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive experience in strategic community and cultural planning and/or policy development and implementation and excellent knowledge of the Local Government Act in relation to grants management and administration
- Demonstrated experience leading and coordinating social impact assessment, social research programs and initiating research and development partnerships
Company: Inner West Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A